Tuesday, January 26

Ecstatic...

What a great day!

I am so excited about so many new things right now! Forget about "getting back into the groove," am in my own new and completely amazing groove right now. So many exciting new things happened today, and so many things to come in the next couple months that I am sooo looking forward to! I feel sorta silly posting two days in a row, but when I'm as excited as I am right now, if I wait, it just isn't the same to write about in a couple days when the high has worn off. Plus, I'm sure it's a lot less exciting to read.

So besides a bunch of random good things happening today, like finally finding my geography classes workbook and a plain black binder, that they seemed to be out of everywhere, Heather and I went to the Gospel Expressions rehearsal tonight. I am making so many new friends and connections here, it's addicting! First off I'll start by saying, I have always wanted to join the gospel choir at chico state, but because I am always in a show of some sort and have rehearsals for that, I can never make the week night rehearsal times back home. I was so excited about joining, and neither of us really knew what to expect. As people started showing up, Heather and I realized we were the ONLY white people in the whole place. Now obviously, this didn't matter the either of us, but talk about a culture shock. The gospel choir in chico is probably closer to half and half, and Heather said there isn't a single black person (sorry I hate using the politically "correct" term African American) in her gospel choir back home in Wisconsin. HAHAHA. We were both SO excited we couldn't stop smiling, and feeling like we stuck out like a sore thumb, we weren't really sure what to do.

Everyone we met tonight was absolutely fabulous. As soon as we walked in that room we had person after person walk up to us and say hi, shake our hands and introduce themselves. I have never met such an incredibly friendly group of people in my entire life. And that is saying something, because I must say, Chicoans are pretty fabulous, and all the people that I've met here in Texas have been soo great to me and so welcoming :)

Honestly it was like an instant family. That's even what they called it. It was amazing to see how much love and compassion, and faith, and spirit could be packed into one room. By the end of the night we were getting hugs and praises for joining them. We have a gig lined up for every weekend this month! Our first is this saturday, so me and Heather are going to go and at least watch, if not do our best from what we learned in one night. It is so uplifting and humbling to sing with a group of people like that. Just some of the most gorgeous voices you have ever heard :) I am SOO thrilled and ecstatic about all of this.

I also went to the Catholic Student Center to turn in my application and $ for the Bobcat Awakening Retreat that is happening later in February. So I am all signed up for that! I found out about some more of their events, such as worship/open mic night on thursdays and a free lunch they have every tuesday. So I am also excited about getting involved in some of that and meeting some more amazing people there!

Plans for Spring Break have sorta been figured out as well! I am planning on going to see Amy J. which she doesn't really know about yet, the first 3 or 4 days of my break. Then a bunch of the guys that me and Heather have made friends with are going to rent out a condo/cabin on the beach at Port Aransas for the rest of the week! EEEEEEE!!!! We are so exciting! It's probably going to be about 8 or so of us and I am sooo stoked. With it split that many ways it shouldnt be too bad as far as the price goes. But I will be in search of a cheap plane ticket to North Carolina so I can see by bff Amy! With all the raving she's done about Charlotte I am really excited to check it out. Just hope all the plans work out :)

That's all for now folks! But YAYAYAYA for things working out and all the exciting adventures that are to come! I am SOOO EXCITED!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Chantal. The choir sounds really fun. I wish I could hear you sing . Try to get a recording. Keep up these great posts and your infectious enthusiasm. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your comment so I know who you are! :)