Tuesday, January 19

Friends and Boots!

Last week might have started out a bit lonely, but this past weekend was everything but that. With all the students coming back, and having my exchange orientation, I've had no problem meeting people and making new friends. Ever since I met Heather, one of the other exchange students (she's from Wisconsin) and found out she lives right down the hall from me, AND we have a class together, we've been hanging out a ton. We decided we needed to be social this weekend and so we went out to the lobby of the dorm and hung out where there were people coming in and out and playing pool and ping pong.

Within an hour or so we had met a handful of people and started hanging out! Eddie (the magician) or "magic man" as some people like to call him, is who drew us to the crowd. His card tricks are insane and SO legit. I was freaked out at how crazy they were, and he totally gave us his business card haha. Too bad I won't be having my birthday while I'm here! :P We met Jesse at that point too, and pretty much ever since we've been hanging out. He took me and Heather to the huge outlet malls on sunday, and we all went shopping crazy! Well...mostly I did :) But how can you resist such good deals!?!? I spent a somewhat controlled amount of money, but definitely got a ton of stuff for it. I bought a pair of jeans and two pairs of shorts for $12 total. Got a really nice jacket from Lucky that was originally $130 for $30! Also at the Pacsun Last Call, I got 7 tops, a skirt and a dress for $45 total! Unfortunately we didn't have time to go to Cavender's, which is THE boot store. And I couldn't spend anymore that day because boots were the most important and I had to save some money for them :P

So we went on Monday! hahaha! It was amazing. I knew they were going to be pricey. It being like the NICE boot shop, with the REAL deal. But that's one of those things that lasts forever! And there was NO way I was gonna come to Texas and NOT get boots!! I mean seriously...So I told myself I could get some in the middle price range, but only if I found the PERFECT ones :) I totally did! I LOVE THEM!!!! They were $160 which is in the lower middle range, but they have the good soles which will last! I got the bottle of leather conditioner too because if I'm going to spend that much money on something like that I am going to keep them nice.
Everyone here knows, new boots=breaking them in! So excited to go out to one of the 18+ country clubs and learn how to 2-step! woohoo! A huge step toward becoming a true country girl :) Then on monday night, we were gonna all go bowling, but we got there and the wait was so crazy, that we all decided to leave and go play football on one of the fields on campus. It was like almost 10pm at this point but we played till midnight when the lights at the field went out. It was a blast and it was exciting to finally be making friends!

Classes started today, but I only had two. Tomorrow I have four, and I have a good sized to-do list I've gotta take care of on campus. Ordered my books online late last week, and I'm hoping they come soon. Really excited that classes are starting and things are getting busy on campus. I am so excited to see what adventures are to come! I am going to join the Loud Crowd, which is like the crazy spirit club, that goes to all the athletic games. It looks like SO much fun! There is a basketball game tomorrow night that I might go to too!

Tonight I went to the Rec center which is SO close to my dorm it's amazing. I took the Dance Cardio Crazy class, and it kicked my ass, but in a totally good way, it was soo much fun and I already know I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow. I am pumped about some of the other classes they offer too! It's so nice having it so close to my dorm!!!

That's all for now. I'm gonna try to post a little more often so these arnt quite so long! haha.
♥ Chantal

2 comments:

  1. Chantal, these blog posts are really fun to read. It makes you being away from Chico a lot easier to handle. You are a great writer, as I can really picture you there having fun and "living" this experience fully. Luv Ya, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Boots! We need to go Gruene Hall, Soon.
    Oscar and Connie

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your comment so I know who you are! :)