Wednesday, February 10

Sleet

Today we had sleet. I had heard of it before but never really knew what it was exactly. Now I know!

As it was falling, I called it "baby snow" and "wannabe snow." The thought of it snowing exciting me so I tried to convince myself that it was hahaha. Officially sleet is defined as "precipitation in the form of ice pellets created by the freezing of rain as it falls." So hail right? When it hit my jacket and I looked closely, it looked like tiny hail! And you are probably wondering what the difference is between sleet and hail as I know I was. Sleet occurs usually during winter when the air in the clouds is warmer than the air below, and as rain falls into the colder air it freezes into small ice pellets. Hail however occurs usually during summer storms. It starts as rain too, but goes through a series of "updrafts" through the cloud, moving from the warmer lower part to the upper colder part and freezing, and then coming down. As hail falls, it collects moisture and goes through the same process in another cloud so the more updrafts the larger the hail.

I know that was random...and honestly I don't really have anything else to write about right now. Hmmmm...

Oh! So this Saturday is the Gospel Fest at Baylor University in Waco, TX. GEA (Gospel Expressions Association) is going and I am so excited! It's a whole day of gospel music and worship. I just know it's gonna be one of those days here in Texas that I'll never forget. :)
So that's my exciting news for the week. It is also one of me and heather's friends birthday this weekend, and they are going to Midnight Rodeo in Austin friday night. We're trying to decide if it's going to be worth getting practically no sleep for, basically on the same day as our gospel choir trip. I will probably blog this weekend to let ya'll know how it goes!

ps. Heather and I both thought Lent started today hahaha so we've been talking about what we're giving up and had our "last milkshake" last night, and we even showed up at the Catholic Student Center today for Ash Wednesday service. Whoops! LOL But shhhh! No one is supposed to know. We totally knew it wasn't till next wednesday :/ Yea...haha

Chantal

3 comments:

  1. You told the secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantal "the weather girl"! hey ~ how many more "last milkshakes" are you gonna have before the 17th~ :) That is one funny Lent story!!! Love, Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your comment so I know who you are! :)