Sunday, February 28

Everlasting

Everlasting are the memories that I made this weekend.
Everlasting is my love for God and all he does for me.
Everlasting are the friendships I've made that will never die.
Everlasting is my appreciation for my entire Bobcat Awakening #30 family.
Everlasting is my faith in how much BA can impact lives.
Everlasting are the times I will look back and smile on this past weekend.
Everlasting is my new understanding and appreciation for fellowship.
Everlasting are the emotions I felt pour out from my heart.
Everlasting is my immense love for my BA parents and all their love and support.
Everlasting is my faithful relationship with the Lord.
Everlasting is my passion to always remind myself what I learned over the past 3 days.
Everlasting is love for praise and worship.
Everlasting are my thanks to those who helped push me to go to BA.
Everlasting is the indescribable presence of the holy spirit.
Everlasting is the impact that the BA Staff has had on so many lives.
Everlasting are the laughter and tears of joy that were shed this weekend.
Everlasting is my thankfulness that God led me to this amazing experience.
And most importantly,
Everlasting is God's undying love for every one of us.

This weekend just proves how amazing God is. His will and His love and His power in this world is incomprehensible. I've learned so much and grown so much closer to Him, and I am so grateful for BA for helping me do that. I will never ever forget this weekend and all the wonderful loving people that I've met and now call family.

On Friday afternoon Heather and Bryson dropped me off in the parking lot where we were meeting for Bobcat Awakening. One of the staffers ran up to the car as I got out, greeting me and insisting on taking my bags over to the sidewalk. They were all dressed in different crazy sport outfits and they were all so energetic! From that moment I knew it was going to be a good weekend. The staff was so welcoming and amazing, we were instantly family :) There are many things about an Awakening such as this that are supposed to be kept secret so that people will have the true genuine experience, as I did, completely unknowing to any events of the entire weekend until they were actually happening. All I can say is, this weekend was the first time that I really felt like I wanted to stay in Texas for the fall semester, because that would mean I could be a part of BA again, but next time as a staffer. If I did happen to choose to stay, BA would be one of the main reasons. I also felt for the second time since I've been here, truly homesick...missing my family and their hugs and company.

I have so much love in my heart from this weekend, it's overwhelming. I am so excited to uphold the promises that I made to Him this weekend, in how I am going to glorify Him in my life from now on. I have so many memories and moments and a loving support group to remind me of that and keep me on track. Even though I've been back for a few hours, and have shifted back to my life that includes my cell phone and computer, when I close my eyes I still feel like I am in that room with all those people. So much love, I can't even describe. I never want it to go away, and I know as long as I keep close to God and live my life in his image everyday I wont. Of course I will have bad days, and moments when I forget about His love and support, but that's what all these memories and notes and letters are for. To remind myself, and remember and always keep him close to me.

Some of the things that I learned this weekend are:

♥ Being a Christian is a daily choice. Every person and situation you encounter is an opportunity to share God's love in the way you live your life.

♥ It's easy to get caught up in the demands of daily life, and keeping to schedules and deadlines, but in the end what really matters is being on God's watch and going by his time. No matter how busy and stressful life gets, always make time for the Lord.

♥ The only love that will never die is God's love. When relationships fail and love dies, you can always rely on God's love to carry you through.

♥ Getting stressed and anxious about things in life that ultimately we cannot control draws us further from God. We must fully submit ourselves to Him and trust that He knows what's right for us.

♥ No matter how far you stray from the Lord, you can always know and trust that God will be at your door knocking, waiting for you to answer and invite him in.

♥ I know if I do my best, God will always do the rest.

♥ Heaven is not a hotel for saints, it's a hospital for sinners.

♥ Love comes in many forms. But agape is the greatest of all love because it is selfless and requires/expects nothing in return. This is the love that God has for all of us.

This is my BA Family. The Enchanted Roses :)
LOVE YA'LL!!!

♥ Chantal

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Chantal there is so much energy and love in this I will have to go back and read it again. I am so happy for you and all those who take advantage of your loving thoughts.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how excited I am for you. I know Kate and I have been praying for you for a long time. Love you girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing are the encounters we have with god. as they are the most personal and life changing we can have. they inspire love, convict change, encourage encouragement. as god uses the many vessels of his people and his creation to continue to seek after us, we realize how special we really are in his eyes, and how much he loves his children. I've recently forgotten this.:( im overjoyed to have an oppurtunity to read of his love in your life, because it hasnt been that long since i too had that. it seems silly to say, but thank you for having your experience because otherwise your testimony wouldnt have had any effect on me. the way it inspires me heart to love the LORD above all. the way it convicts me to search him out as he searches for me. ...anyway this comment is too long. lol but this is definately special. i pray u dont ever forget what u felt in this experience, and hold it close to your heart. and continue to share his love with everyone. :)

    JORDAN RANDALL

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your comment so I know who you are! :)