Monday, February 15

Monday Mania

I had a fabulous weekend, and probably didn't get as much sleep as I should have. Mondays are my longest day of the week. I have class from 9am till 2pm, and then again at 5. During that 3 hour break I get lunch and go to the rec. I had a test this morning, and I think I did pretty good...but I was pretty tired in class, and actually caught myself nodding off in between test questions hah...oops!

This weekend was amazing. On friday night a bunch of people went to Midnight Rodeo in Austin, which is like a country bar/dance hall/concert venue, and we saw Aaron Watson play! He's a 'texas country' singer. He was awesome! We got a picture with him and I bought a shirt too. His fiddler player was SOOO CUTE too. Dang he was eating it up though...smiling at alll the ladies for the camera hah. We took so many pictures of him lol. That definitely wasn't the best part though. Two-steppin' is my new favorite thing!!! And one-steppin' for that matter, which i didn't even know existed. Basically I got to dance a ton with a bunch of random cowboys and it was SOOO FUNN! They were all so nice and I picked it up pretty quickly so I did tons of turn combos and it was a blast! I can't wait to go back again, and Friday night is ladies night, meaning we get in FREEE!!! Next place I gotta check out is Cowboys in San Antonio! From what I hear it is HUUGE, like 10 times the size of Midnight Rodeo, and just as much fun!

Then on Saturday Gospel Expressions had an all day gospel fest at Baylor University in Waco. I don't know if I even have words to describe this experience. It was 5 or 6 College Gospel Choirs all coming together to perform for each other and together and just to praise God through music all day. And that's exactly what we did. We had a four hour Gospel Fest Concert at the end of the day, where we worshiped and praised the Lord together and shared it with each other and anyone who attended. There were so many tears and hugs, and fantastic music. There was no doubt in anyones that the holy spirit was present. Wow.

Yesterday, Valentine's day was pretty chill. I've had a Valentine for the past 3 years straight, so I wasn't sure how I would do. But actually, I had a good day. I've never really understood the whole "boo hoo it's valentines day and I'm single thing." You can celebrate any kind of love on Valentine's Day! Family, friends, anyone can be your valentine :) I just relaxed, did some laundry and watched the Notebook with friends. It was nice.

Today was super busy, but Monday is almost over and the week always flies by. Can't wait to figure out what we're doing this weekend! :) Besides my choir concert on Saturday afternoon.

♥Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comment so I know who you are! :)