Saturday, November 28

Waiting

The hardest part of the process so far has been waiting. I am really excited about my exchange but there are so many unknowns at this point. I just received an update email from the NSE advisor at TX state. She let me know that my paperwork is still being processed and that it should be completed "in a couple weeks," which is a just a tad too vague to settle any nerves. Before I can be assigned to a housing contract or given any financial aid information, all my paperwork as to go through "the system."

So now, I just have to wait.

At this point in the process, all I can do is work with what I do know. Currently I am trying to decide on the issue of transportation. Some of the questions I've been asking myself are; Should I bring my scooter? Is the cost of getting it shipped worth it? Will I actually need it or use it while I am there? Would car be more practical for where I am going? Where and how should I get a car to have while I'm there? Borrow from a family member? Buy a cheap clunker? How much traveling around will I want to be free to do? If I do some sort of community theatre near San Marcos, how will I get there and back? Should I wait till I arrive and assess the situation then?

That is one decision I have to make. Until "a couple weeks" goes by I won't really know much else, but as soon as I get more information from the school, I'll be able to share it and get much more excited about all this.

Now it is time to wait...

♥ Chantal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comment so I know who you are! :)