Monday, March 22

Happy Spring!

I love Spring! This bipolar Texas weather is such a tease though. I was so spoiled over Spring Break because of the beach and it was a beautiful 70+ nearly the whole time. This weekend was the first day of spring. Unfortunately it was freezing cold and in Austin where I was for the GEA Gospel Fest it was raining most of the day. Luckily I had a good reason to be inside for most of it I didn't have to deal with the ickiness. However, today it is beautiful again, and it is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's all week. Hallelujah! Tomorrow both Heather and I have the afternoon off and she has canoeing class out on the river so we're going to meet and lay out and maybe swim! I need some more sun, my tan seems to be fading already! haha.

Last week was rough, being the first week back at school. I've decided that I have not been applying myself as much as I could and should this semester. My study habits have been sliding, which I suppose is understandable in my situation. Being in a new place, surrounded by new friends and possibility for adventure! It's hard to pass up those opportunities to study. I am realizing how far into the semester we are now that spring break is over. I have about 7 weeks left here in Texas, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. In a way it seems like I've been here for quite a long time. I am comfortable, have established an awesome group of friends and this place quickly became home. On the other hand, when I think about how soon I am going back to Chico, I realize how fast the past 2 1/2 months have flown by! My mom actually booked my flight last night. May 12th. I have till then to do as much as possible, and there are still so many things I want to do!

I am having such a great time here, but I am also really looking forward to being back home this summer and having a blast. I'm coming up on what should be my senior year, and I can't believe how quickly college has gone by so far. But I am really excited about the future and what's next. This adventure has made me realize how much I love NEW things. The anticipation, the shock and the assimilation.

Gospel Fest was amazing this past Saturday. I have really come to love these people and I am so glad Heather and I decided to join GEA together. I really look forward to every Tuesday night, at 8pm belting my heart out, and then walking back across campus with Heather practicing our harmonies, with not a care in the world of who can hear or see us. We have so much fun. :)

Sundays are becoming a favorite day of mine as well. At 5pm I have Theology of the Body sessions with a lovely group of people including the majority of my BA family. Then we have about an hour until mass, so we had dinner together. Love them. I get to see them every Monday night too for 4th Day, which is like a weekly extension of BA, and I love seeing everyone. Even though I don't have a lot of time left here, I'm going to make the best of it. And hopefully there will be many more postings for you to read about my exciting adventures as I go. Actually, I can guarantee that there will...

Chantal

4 comments:

  1. Haha gotta love Texas weather...it's so wishy-washy! Love reading this, sis!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! another post :) I love reading these honey! I sure wish I could come hear you sing in your gospel choir! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is the above commentator Anonymous or Leah?
    Spring in Chico has been like yours as well. I'll have to say I wish you were staying in Texas longer, Chantal, so I had time to come down, hang out for while, and then bring you back home. But I guess you already have your ticket. I wish you had more time to see more family while there. As always I love your writing as it is almost like being there with you. I also love your passion for life and your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. leah, its nice to know you're reading :) mom, i wish you could hear too! there are some videos but its just not the same. dad, it would be cool to stay and do more stuff. I would actually love for you and mom and kyra to come down so I can show you around and what my life has been like this semester...but im excited to come back home. sorta. its bitter sweet...

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your comment so I know who you are! :)